Caring In Crisis: Tuesday Briefs Webinar Series
Registration is now open for the Winter 2021 free webinar series, “Caring in Crisis: Tuesday Briefs”. It is sponsored by Catholic Charities Archdiocese of Oklahoma City, The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma, Crisis Care Ministries, Oklahoma Conference of Churches, and the Oklahoma City Community Foundation. The series of one hour webinars for leaders is scheduled for Tuesdays starting February 2, 2021, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Registration and details.
Faith and community leaders are facing historic challenges, testing the limits of our creativity, strength, and resilience. In this sequel to the very popular Fall 2020 “Caring for Your Congregation and Community During Crisis” webinar series, experienced specialists in disaster response, recovery, health, mental health, and congregational and family life offer their expertise to help leaders gain new skills and knowledge to face the difficult crises impacting our communities.
- Shroud of Grief: The Cost of Cumulative Sorrow – 2/2/2021
- The Early Days Following an Oklahoma Disaster – 2/9/2021
- Long-Term Disaster Recovery in Oklahoma – 2/16/21
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia: 10 Warning Signs – 2/23/21
- Providing Support to Your Community After a Traumatic Loss – 3/2/21
- Personal and Family Disaster Preparedness – 3/9/21
- An Overview of Domestic Violence 3/23/21
- What Emergency Managers Wish Faith Leaders Knew – 4/6/21
- Increasing Your Racial Justice IQ – 4/13/21
- The Housing and Employment Crisis – 4/20/21
- Preventing Suicide in Faith Communities: A Conversation of Hope – 4/27/21
- In Good Faith: Why Legal Services are Critical for Disaster Survivors – 5/4/21
- What Faith and Community Leaders Need to Know about 211 – 5/11/21
Free Webinar Series Presented By
Presenters Include Representatives From
211 of Eastern Oklahoma
American Red Cross
The Alzheimer’s Association
Catholic Charities (Archdiocese of Oklahoma City)
Crisis Care Ministries
Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma
Logan County Emergency Management
The National Suicide Prevention Resource Center
The Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
The Oklahoma District Attorneys Counil
Restore Hope Ministries
The Salvation Army
Need Continuing Education?
Attendance certificates (PDF format) are available for all courses. Check with your affiliating organization for applicability.
Register for individual sessions. Registration closes 24 hours before the session.
100 spaces available for each session.