Search and Call
Your congregation is about to depart on a great faith adventure. When your pastor leaves either through resignation or retirement, these are the steps we recommend for the congregation to follow to call a new pastor.
- Celebrate the completion of a ministry
- Call a Transitional Pastor
- Appoint a Search Committee
- Start the process of Search & Call
- Select a Candidate
- Make a Call
- Prepare for the New Minister
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma hopes that when you complete your work at least three things will have been accomplished:
- You are excited about the person the committee has recommended to the board and you believe God was a part of the call,
- You have gotten to know and appreciate your colleagues better, and
- That this has been a positive spiritual experience.