Caring for Your Congregation and Community During Crisis Webinar Series
Registration is now open for the Fall 2020 free webinar series, “Caring for Your Congregation and Community During Crisis”. It is sponsored by The Oklahoma United Methodist Conference, The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma, and Crisis Care Ministries. The series of one hour webinars for leaders is scheduled for most Tuesdays and Thursdays starting September 29, 2020, from 10:00 am – 11:00 am. Download a flyer.
Faith and community leaders are facing historic challenges, testing the limits of our creativity, strength, and resilience. In this free webinar series, experienced specialists in disaster response, recovery, health, mental health, and congregational and family life offer their expertise to help leaders gain new skills and knowledge to face the difficult crises impacting our communities.
- COVID Conversations for Faith Communities – 9/29/20
- Where are We? The Spiritual and Emotional Phases of the COVID-19 Disaster – 10/6/20
- Explaining COVID-19 to Children – 10/8/20
- The Disillusionment Phase: Assisting Others and Ourselves in Long-Term Recovery – 10/13/20
- Ministry in an Age of Pandemic – 10/15/20
- Providing Support to Schools After a Traumatic Loss – 10/20/20
- In Good Faith: Why Legal Services are Critical for Disaster Survivors including COVID-19 – 10/22/20 & 11/10/20
- Providing Support to Your Community After a Traumatic Loss – 10/27/20
- Introduction to Stress First Aid – 10/29/20
- Taking the Long View With Faith – 11/5/20
- Managing Holidays in a COVID-19 Environment – 11/19/20
- Navigating Political and Cultural Polarization Among Family and Friends – 11/24/20
- Personal and Family Disaster Preparedness – 12/1/20
- Caring for Those with Access and Functional Needs – 12/3/20
- National VOAD Disaster Emotional Care & Disaster Spiritual Care Guidelines – 12/8/20
Free Webinar Series Presented By
Presenters Include Representatives From
Catholic Charities (Archdiocese of Oklahoma City)
Crisis Care Ministries
Heart and Mind Pastoral Counseling
Legal Aid Services of Oklahoma
St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
Temple B’Nai Israel (Oklahoma City)
The Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in Oklahoma
The National VOAD Emotional and Spiritual Care Committee
The Oklahoma Conference of the United Methodist Church
The Oklahoma Department of Health
The Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
The Oklahoma Medical Reserve Corps Stress Response Team/SRT Inc.
The Oklahoma Office of Homeland Security
Southern Baptist Disaster Relief
Need continuing education?
Attendance certificates (PDF format) are available for all courses. Check with your affiliating organization for applicability.
Register for individual sessions. Registration closes 24 hours before the session.
100 spaces available for each session.