The Faith in Action Commission will begin accepting grant applications in January for Reconciliation Grants. Application forms are available HERE. The deadlines for applications is March 16, 2020.
- Grant Application Window: January 15-March 16, 2020
- Grant Decisions by April 1 with notifications by April 8
- Disbursements of funds on May 1.
- Complete end of project report by December 1.
Reconciliation Grants are a part of a larger project of addressing systemic racism and other forms of discrimination prevalent in our society. Reconciliation Grants this year are targeted at helping local congregations identify ways to address racism and other forms of discrimination at the local level. The Commission hopes
- to identify models of reconciliation that can be sustained by local churches and other entities
- that the knowledge gained from these projects can be transferred for use by other churches
Applicants are encouraged to work with other congregations or local entities to broaden the scope of the programs/projects that result. Each grant recipient is expected to submit a final report outlining the design of the project, what practical modifications were needed to make it work, the results of goals/objectives of the project, and the pros and cons of the project.
For more information, please contact Marilynn Knott, Chair of the Faith in action Commission at email@example.com