Disciples Home Mission has announced that the application process for “Woman to Woman Worldwide – Southern Asia 2020” is now open. Please click here to read more about Woman-to-Woman Worldwide and to get all the details about the application process.
Please plan to join the Central Area Disciples Women on January 28, 2020 at Wildewood Christian Church (6900 North Kelley Ave, Oklahoma City, OK) for the Central Area Disciples Women Winter Meeting.
Lisa Blacknoll from “Filling Tummies“, a feeding ministry in Oklahoma City and surrounding areas will speak about this amazing ministry in Oklahoma City. The In-Kind Service Project will support Filling Tummies, by bringing fruit cups, individual oatmeal cups, ready-to-eat food items, granola bars and other portable food items.
- 9:30am: Coffee and Fellowship
- 10am: Meeting and Program
- Noon: Lunch ($8 pay at the door)
RSVP by January 21st to Cheryl Factory 405-694-3344 (C) or 405-427-8002 (H)
Pre-Order your JUST WOMEN 2020 Bible Study before December 1, 2019 and pay no postage!
The 2020 Bible Study is titled “Healing & Wholeness”. It includes stories of healing abound in the Bible, in both the Old Testament and New testament, offering readers encouragement that God desires human wholeness – shalom for individuals and communities. This eight-session Bible study will explore Old Testament stories of God’s healing – whether in body, mind, or soul – and what that might mean for twenty-first century Christians.
Each Bible Study is just $15.00! Order your copy by clicking on this link: Just Women Bible Study Pre-Order or you can send your check, made payable to Just Women.
PO Box 1986
Indianapolis, IN 46206
Thank you to everyone who supported and attended the Disciples Women ROSES Event at First Christian Church Tulsa. The R.O.S.E.S. acronym stands for Regions of the Sun Equipping and Serving. The ROSES event featured uplifting worship, enlightening lectures and a moving dramatic portrayal of women in the Bible. Those attending had the opportunity to meet General Minister and President, the Reverend Terri Hord Owens.
We thank each of you for making this event so meaningful. Please enjoy a few pictures from the event.
- When: October 22, 2019
- Where: First Christian Church Norman, 220 South Webster, Norman, OK
- 9:30am Coffee and Fellowship
- 10am Meeting and Program
- 12pm Lunch $8 (pay at door) RSVP by Oct 15th to 405-329-2192
- Speaker: Lori Turner of Ally’s House in support of pediatric cancer families of Oklahoma
- In-kind Service Project: Christmas wrapping paper, gift boxes, gift bags, boxes, bows, tape, and tissue paper
The Disciples Women ROSES (Regions of the Sun, Equipping and Serving) Event will take place on September 13 – 14, 2019 at First Christian Church, Tulsa.
(913 South Boulder, Tulsa, OK 74119)
The theme is “ROSES Everywhere: Empowering Women for God’s Call“. There will be opportunities for fellowship, learning and worshiping together.
Friday, September 13, 2019 Guest Speaker – Rev. Terri Hord Owens 7pm:
Rev. Owens serves as the General Minister & President of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) in the United States & Canada.
Saturday, September 14, 2019 Guest Speakers:
- 9:15 A.M. Bernard Brandon Scott, Ph.D, Dr. Scott is the Darbeth Distinguished Professor of New Testmament at Phillips Theological Seminary. He is the author & editor of many books, & is a charter member of the Jesus Seminar.
- 10:30 A.M. Rev. Dr. Lisa Davison, Dr. Lisa Davison is the Johnnie Eargle Cadieux Professor of Hebrew Bible & the Denominational Formation Director for Disciples of Christ students at Phillips Theological Seminary.
- 1:30 P.M. Aliye Shimi, Ms. Shimi is the 2016 Oklahoma Muslim of the Year. She is the co-founder of the Peace Project & helped found the #IStandForPeace campaign.
- 3:00 P.M. – 5:15 P.M. The Bible Women’s Project, This play explores the women of the Old & New Testaments as seen through the eyes of female Eastern Nazarene College students.
Registration Fee: $40 (Lunch Included)
Registration Deadline is September 6, 2019
Hotel Accommodations: Call the hotel manager, Stephanie Carper at 918-585-5898 to book a room.
Holiday Inn: Tulsa City Center
17 W. 7th St.
Tulsa, OK 74119
Central Area Disciples Women Meeting will take place on August 27, 2019 at First Christian Church El Reno (409 S Barker, El Reno). Please RSVP by August 20th to 405-262-3539. Fellowship and coffee will begin at 9:30am. The program will include information about the Reach Forward Foundation, as well as an in-kind project to help provide Walmart gift cards for the Reach Forward Foundation.
- 9:30am: Fellowship & Coffee
- 10:00am – noon: Meeting
- Noon: Lunch (cost is $8)
It is time for the Southwest Area Disciples Women “Arbuckle Cluster”, quarterly meeting. Join the Disciples Women this Sunday, August 4th at 2pm at the Ardmore El Chico Restaurant.
RSVP is requested. Please contact Donna McCrite (call/text 580-224-1916). The women will begin planning more details about the SW Area Fall Retreat.
You are invited to the annual Northwest Area Disciples Women Missionary Brunch on Saturday, August 10, 2019 at Central Christian Church Fairview. The featured speaker is Linda Sutherlin.
- Cost: $5.00
- Location: Central Christian Church Fairview: 223 E Broadway, Fairview, OK
- Registration starts at 9:00am
Plan to join the fun and fellowship. As always, women from other areas are welcome to participate.
Mark your calendars for the Oklahoma Disciples Women Fall Retreats 2019. You are welcome to attend any of these events, even if you live in a different area.
Southeast Area Disciples Women Fall Retreat September 20-21, 2019
Date: September 20-21, 2019
Location: Texoma Christian Camp, 15448 Texoma Christian Camp Road, Kingston, Oklahoma
Keynote Speaker: Rev. Leslie Dotson
Theme: M.A.D. (Making A Difference)
Registration: Click HERE for the registration flyer
Questions? Contact Jessica Tilley 580-618-2046 email@example.com
Northwest Area Disciples Women Retreat September 27-28, 2019
Date: September 27-28, 2019
Location: Central Oklahoma Camp, Guthrie, Oklahoma
Keynote Speaker: Rev. Debi Powell Maxwell
Theme: Our Mountains (based on Psalm 95:4, ‘In His hands are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to Him.’)
Registration: Click HERE for the registration flyer
Questions? Contact Wendy Singleton firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeast Area Disciples Women Retreat November 1-2, 2019
Save the Date: More Details to Follow Soon Including Registration Information
UPDATED DATE: November 1-2, 2019
Location: Camp Christian