Center for Faith & Giving Releases Free 12-Month Stewardship Resources
Rev. Bruce Barkhauer has announced the release of new stewardship resources titled “Created To Be a Steward”. To meet changing circumstances, the Center for Faith and Giving determined that “business as usual” for resourcing stewardship was simply not going to work. The new “dynamic resource” provides fresh installments made each quarter as the year progresses. It is designed to to be relevant in the moment rather than hope we “guessed right” where your congregation finds itself throughout the year. It is intended to keep the stewardship conversation alive throughout the year by providing preaching, teaching and personal practical resources.
Created To Be a Steward
“Created To Be a Steward” is a 12-month stewardship emphasis for congregations that seeks to explore four major themes of biblical stewardship:
- Self-Care (January – March)
- Earth Care (April – June)
- Resource Management (July – September); Gospel
- Sharing [Evangelism] (October – December)
What is Included?
Each quarter, the free materials will contain:
- Three background pieces for sermon preparation
- Three companion educational curriculums based on the texts for preaching
- A commitment card for that particular theme (self-care, earth care, resource management, gospel sharing)
- Additional “experiential” exercises
- Links to additional resources and ideas (updated during that quarter)
- Worship resources including: prayers, call to worship, and offering and communion meditations
- An entire separate resource of “campaign guidance” meant to help you organize and manage a financial campaign
How Do I Access the Free Resources?
Visit the Center for Faith and Giving website here. When you request the materials you will be given a link to the folders that may be downloaded free of charge.